Hasbro - ha HA!

Started by
54 comments, last by GameDev.net 23 years, 3 months ago
This board is being closed. You will no longer be allowed to post here.

Hasbro has purchased this message board and own all the anti-Hasbro posts.
Advertisement
So now Hasbro owns the concept of message boards? DAMN!
Just been at www.hasbro.com

You must read the legal notice they have there.

quote:PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By using this site, you signify your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not use this site. Hasbro may modify these Terms and Conditions at anytime.

I don''t want to use hasbro''s site so I am building my own Hasbro Site.

quote:This site is copyright protected. Any textual or graphic material you copy, print, or download is licensed to you by Hasbro, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries ("Hasbro") for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that you do not change or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.

I''m using their graphics, but are linked to their site

Then I think I''m free to build a site that condemn their actions
I just make them ''smile''
What about hasbro2.com?

Someone to host it?
As part of your legal argument, you should get your lawyer to mention that "the small businesses are tired of waiting for justice. If Hasbro can''t win a legal battle with the facts, they win instead by running the other party down in legal costs. It is time for this cycle to end. The facts are that this is a blatant copyright infrigement, and Hasbro knew this when they did it."
trademark not copyright if you''re talking about Randy Chase''s "Spirit Wars"
Look, everyone knows Hasbro steals copyrighted material and trademarks whenever it wants. That''s the luxury money gives you.

Also judging from many of the games in the developer lawsuit Hasbro must have known the developers were not violating any Atari trademarks or copyrights (with the exceptions of Macman and Tetrimania, which might have been trademark violations so we won''t even discuss those here). But to be fair, the other games were not violating any of Hasbro''s copyrights (which protects against strickly COPYING) or trademarks (names) but Hasbro sued anyway. It''s because Hasbro knew the developers couldn''t afford to fight back.

In all this mess I''d say Hasbro needs to be stopped because this is getting way out of control!
Trademark? Copyright? Oops. Oh well, something to that effect.
Randy, I am just thinking here. If they do release their product and use the name "Spirit Wars", what are you really losing? As you pointed out there will be confusion, that is obvious. Also, Hasbro being a bigger company, and having more resources will obviously be able to gain more attention then you can, that''s also obvious. But aren''t you winning here? This confusion could become more useful to you instead of harmful. It will give your product publicity that it probably never would have gotten because you''re unable to spend as much money on advertisement as Hasbro.

Don''t get me wrong, I understand how you feel, and I think Hasbro''s suits are rediculous. I am just bringing up a point noone else (I think) brought up.
Everyone is talking specifically about Hasbro, and about poor Randy. It is a noble pursuit, and a sad story. However, such a thing is being replicated thousands/hundreds of thousands/ of times just with different corporations and different ppl getting screwed.

Randy is not the first one to be screwed over by a corporation, he is not the last one, and hell, chances are great he wont be remembered 5 years later, despite his tremendous efforts to go against a system that is so wrong. That is the sad truth. Period. Stop.

Fighting like this, while necessary, doesn''t address any of the greater problems that are resulting in stuff like this happening. What we have in North America (especially in the US, although i cant say much about that country since i personally live in Canada) is a capitalist rule that results in capitalist laws. Money talks. Money wins. (side note: Only thing that is capable of lowering money''s power is PR, which is crucial for allowing money to bend rules.) So in order to cause change on a massive scale, the whole legal system needs a re-write. Appeals were meant (to the best of my knowledge, which involves no law courses) to allow everyoone a fair chance against an unfair ruling, bad luck (evidence not coming in on time) and generally a trial that has not been conducted properly. Yet appeals are one of the many things in the legal system that have been structured to allow those with money to win. Cases are always so complex, and lawyers always so good and expensive, only those with very deep pockets can hope to win. ANd the spare change that Hasbro spends on such a trial can easily be regained, especially when they win.

People need to start questioning the entire legal system, and taking action to have it changed. This is unacceptable and inhuman.
BetaShare - Run Your Beta Right!
Communist! That''s what they would have said to you in the 1950s

Isn''t it a sort of economical fascism? Like "Hail Money!"

And something I wrote in another thread:
Hitler said "you have your rights but we have the weapons".
Hasbro says "you have your rights but we have the money".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement