Island Racers DEMO 003

Started by
17 comments, last by d000hg 19 years, 1 month ago
UPDATE - A new exe is up (9th February) which should be more stable and tell me why it was crashing previously at startup for some people Hi guys. The newest version of my racing game project project, now with sound and music, can be downloaded from here. Screenshot Read the readme.txt file first for controls and please post back with your thoughts. Thankyou. [Edited by - d000hg on February 28, 2005 1:59:21 AM]
Advertisement
Is this demo running in Full-screen? Or in a window?
Can you please include a setup, or make the game full-screen, so I can adjust some parameters.
Because, it's running extremely slow (1 fps), and I think this is caused by wrong window size.
Thanks, looks nice! How big is this game?
It runs in a window which takes up the whole screen. So Direct3D is set up to use whatever your windows screen mode is, which might be a bit high.
Was it slow right from the start or did it suddenly slow down while running - did pressing 'R' to reset it make a difference?
Do you have more thn one monitor on your system - if so try moving the window to the other monitor(s).
Could you email me the 'game log.html' file produced at john.dexter@fsmail.net please? I can customise a version to use maybe 640x480x16bit fullscreen if you want to try that.
Not bad. The collision is a little shakey high speed, and the program will crash if the car is driven into the water. Other than that, nice work.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----Version: 3.12GCS/M/S d->+(++) s+: a19? C++++ UL++ P+++ L+ !E W+++ N+ o++ K? w!O M-- V? !PS PE Y+ PGP t++ 5+++ X R tv+> b+(++)>+++ DI+++>+++++ D++G e>++++ h! r y?------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Quote:Original post by d000hg I can customise a version to use maybe 640x480x16bit fullscreen if you want to try that.

I can't ask you to do that of course. But my card needs it, I think.
I'm testing the game on a low-end graphic card. I think the card wants the game to run full-screen (not windowed), or in a fixed window mode (like 800x600), to get a decent frame-rate.
Crashed on startup. Looks cool though. Below is the log created trying to run it on one of the lab computers. I'll give it a whirl on my comp at home later. What was the next item that was supposed to be on the log list? That might give a better idea of what went wrong...

log:
*****************Opened a log file*****************Creating a D3D COM object...succeeded with 1 adapter(s):NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (Microsoft Corporation)D3DCLASS - Initialised D3D okD3DClass::CreateDevice(0=NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (Microsoft Corporation)) : Using SW vertex processingD3DClass::CreateDevice : About to set 1600x1200, F=22 Df=80...SUCCEEDED

Quote:Original post by Qa303asmGuru
Crashed on startup. Looks cool though. Below is the log created trying to run it on one of the lab computers. I'll give it a whirl on my comp at home later. What was the next item that was supposed to be on the log list? That might give a better idea of what went wrong...

log:

I'm getting the same thing, except my resolution's 1024x768.

*****************Opened a log file*****************Creating a D3D COM object...succeeded with 1 adapter(s):NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8XD3DCLASS - Initialised D3D okD3DClass::CreateDevice(0=NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X ) : Using HW vertex processingD3DClass::CreateDevice : About to set 1024x768, F=22 Df=77...SUCCEEDED
Oh for crying out loud! I've just had this problem with two ATI-based machines and now nVidia too?! I've run it on a TNT2 myself at home! I think it might be sound-related but my logging isn't catching anything.
The new link at the start of the post is to a version which lets you choose between windowed and 640x480x16 fullscreen mode. You only need to download the latest .exe (2nd file) not the whole thing again if you ahve it already.
It works fine with me now, 21 fps. Fun to drive around, the physics are realistic.
Great. Would you mind telling me your system specs (CPU and graphics card is all I want)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement