Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironblayde

Visual C++: displaying function prototypes

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I can''t find it. If I include a .lib file in my project (say, oh, I don''t know, ddraw.lib ) and I want to see the function prototypes when I start typing the function names, how can I make it happen? I thought it had something to do with adding the header file to your project and then rebuilding the project with the ''browse info'' file being generated, but apparently I remembered wrong because that''s not doing it for me. Thanks... -Ironblayde  Aeon Software The following sentence is true.
The preceding sentence is false.

The Intellisense popup stuff is kind of buggy, in that some library functions wont be displayed. (It wont work with any OpenGL functions, either. Conspiracy theorists unite). Alas, there''s nothing that can be done about it.

It has to work somehow... I have another .lib I use that''s full of Win32/DirectX functions I wrote, and in the first project I used it in, the IntelliSense popups are there. I just don''t remember how they got there. And they don''t update with each build, because I updated the library as I was working on the program, and only the old library functions have the IntelliSense popups. So strange...

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

The following sentence is true.
The preceding sentence is false.