Iconifying a window

Started by
3 comments, last by saisoft 23 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know how to Iconify a window, so that when you close it, it is an icon on the desktop? thanks
Advertisement
You want to close a window and have it appear as an icon on the desktop? I don''t get it... I know you aren''t talking about a shorcut. Perhaps you meant minimize a window?

What is the function of the icon? What does it do when you double-click it? Where did you get the word "iconify" from?
Yes, i mean when you close the app it appears as an icon on the desktop and when you double-clik on the icon, it executes the program. I did not make up the iconifying term, i have read that term in many places. I have an idea what I have to do, is this it: Make a new icon on the screen and put the path of my exe in that icon, so I guess my real question should be, how do I make my own custom icon instead of a default one?
I think what you mean is that you want a shortcut on the desktop to your exe, without the user making that shortcut themselves. I''m guessing you want it for an install program or something, where you''re app is installed and a shortcut is created to where the user put the exe. Anyways, I have no idea how to do this, but try one of the installation apps on the net, there are a few free ones out there, or maybe you can find out how to do it yourself.

------------
- outRider -
there is exactly a sample i did for what you ask in my site
http://qsoft.cjb.net
then goto tutorials-->windows-->sys tray

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement