Does anyone else hate VC++.NET?

Started by
17 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 2 months ago
I doubt anyone hates VC++.NET as much as I do. Here's why: it's been working okay for a while now, except intellisense sometimes doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't compile things that need compiling. But now, it's really blown it. Now, when I start my program in debug mode and it has an error, the whole thing freezes. I have to Control-Alt-Delete it before it does anything at all. Anyone else have troubles like this?
Advertisement
Are you using the beta by any chance? It is a beta so you can expect things like this to happen. Though I've been using the VS 2005 Beta for a while now with no major problems.

As for your problems; it not compilling things that need compiling that could be a result of you setting up your project incorrectly. As for the debugging thing that could be a fault in your program but then again it could all be the fault of VS without futher information I can't really say.
I find it most preferable to Visual C++ 5 and 6.
Visual Studio .NET is by far Microsoft's greatest achievement, if it had tabbed projects (where you could alternate between 2 or more projects with only 1 window) it would be the next best thing to whatever God developed the world in :)
We use vs.net and besides the IDE being pretty slow no complaints here. Its precompiled header rules aren't that intuitive. If you change a header in the pch it won't recompile the pch, gcc differes here.

Just be glad your not forced to use XCode/gcc on the Mac:)

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
I have VC++.net and i have to say its the best 100 bucks ive ever spent. That ide makes things so streamlined its amazing. Everyone bashes on microsoft but you cant argue that they messed up on this. It puzzles me that your running into problems. Ive only crashed it once but thats because i decided to open aim when i was already low on memory. (Tip: When your system is slow from the number of programs open, dont open more.)
Lambo
We all think that we are the best with computers but we all keep reffering to the same all-mighty all-knowing Guru, Google.
Just be Glad you're not forced to use VI for your C++ Operarting Systems class.
can you use pico instead??

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
I love VS.NET, especially VC++.NET.

I also have a problem with it being a little too agressive on minimal rebuilds, but this doesn't happen that often and its easy to fix (just go delete the .obj files that you get the link errors with). The class view also pisses me off because it constantly changes scroll positions on me.

Overall its a fantastic product.
I'm a Borland person, so I hate it by default.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement