Sign in to follow this  

Newer OpenGL

This topic is 4695 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have Dev-C++, which contains the headers and libs for OpenGL 1.2. But, for newer functionality, OpenGL.org suggested these: http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html These are just headers with function prototypes and typedefs. Do I have to load opengl32.dll and use GetProcAddress for all of these functions (not that I'm complaining, just wondering)? Also, what does WGL stand for?

No, you won't need to use GetProcAddress, you just link with opengl.dll. You only need to use GetProcAddress for video card vendor extensions.

WGL Stands for Windows openGL, it's a few Windows-only extensions for OpenGL(There's similar things for other OSes, like GLX for X11, AGL for OSX, etc)

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

How do I link opengl.dll, GCC can't link DLLs (unless I'm wrong).

And if I include glext.h and wglext.h, do I still need gl.h?

EDIT: Maybe it has something to do with the fact that MingW can't load DLLs with the fastcall keyword?

Ah, thought you were using VC++, since you were talking about a DLL. You need to link with libopengl.a(or libopengl32.a, forgot which). Add -lopengl(if that doesn't work, try -lopengl32) as a linker option.

This topic is 4695 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.