• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
johnnyBravo

Java, Why won't my applet/jar file sign?(using jarsigner)

This topic is 4940 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, im trying to sign my applet, ive created my "myjarfile.jar" which contains my class "FormFile.class", and I have tested that it works in a html file. Now I'm trying to sign my applet so it can access the users harddrive to save files. But when I try and sign it, I get an error. Heres it is: Creating key, seems to work fine
Quote:
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>keytool -genkey -alias mykey -keypass password Enter keystore password: password What is your first and last name? [Unknown]: What is the name of your organizational unit? [Unknown]: What is the name of your organization? [Unknown]: What is the name of your City or Locality? [Unknown]: What is the name of your State or Province? [Unknown]: What is the two-letter country code for this unit? [Unknown]: Is CN=Unknown, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown correct? [no]: yes
Certifying key, seems to work fine
Quote:
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>keytool -selfcert -alias mykey -keypass password Enter keystore password: password
Assigning the key to the jar file returns with this error, any ideas?
Quote:
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>jarsigner -keystore C:\Mine\MacquaireUniversity\Forms -storepass password -keypass password myjarfile.jar mykey jarsigner error: java.lang.RuntimeException: keystore load: Invalid keystore format
thanks

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by johnnyBravo
Hi, im trying to sign my applet, ive created my "myjarfile.jar" which contains my class "FormFile.class", and I have tested that it works in a html file.

Now I'm trying to sign my applet so it can access the users harddrive to save files.

But when I try and sign it, I get an error.

Heres it is:

Creating key, seems to work fine
Quote:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>keytool -genkey -alias mykey -keypass password
Enter keystore password: password
What is your first and last name?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your organizational unit?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your organization?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your City or Locality?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your State or Province?
[Unknown]:
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
[Unknown]:
Is CN=Unknown, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown correct?
[no]: yes

Certifying key, seems to work fine
Quote:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>keytool -selfcert -alias mykey -keypass password
Enter keystore password: password

Assigning the key to the jar file returns with this error, any ideas?
Quote:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin>jarsigner -keystore C:\Mine\MacquaireUniversity\Forms -storepass password -keypass password myjarfile.jar mykey
jarsigner error: java.lang.RuntimeException: keystore load: Invalid keystore format

thanks

I believe the -keystore location needs to be a URL to a webserver.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!