Not useto VC++ 2005 beta

Started by
10 comments, last by jdhardy 19 years, 2 months ago
Ok I just had the program covert a project from a book of mine. Well when I compile I get. f:\Slideshow\Bitmap.h(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows': No such file or directory GameEngine.cpp Kinda weird to me how it can't find windows.h. If this is a normal accurace how can I get it to work?
Advertisement
Please provide the relevant source code so people can help you out.
Well I didn't think it was neccsarry. Its just a include for windows.h. Like this.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Game Engine Object// C++ Header - GameEngine.h//-----------------------------------------------------------------#pragma once//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Include Files//-----------------------------------------------------------------#include <windows.h>//-----------------------------------------------------------------// Windows Function Declarations//-----------------------------------------------------------------int WINAPI        WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,                    PSTR szCmdLine, int iCmdShow);LRESULT CALLBACK  WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam);
If the error says "Cannot open include file: 'windows'" then maybe you should make it include 'windows.h' instead.

edit: The error says it's on line 11 of 'Bitmap.h', so that's where you should look.
Well I get the error for all the includes for windows.h. Just copyed and pasted the one I was looking at.*shrug* EDIT: Ohh that was from when I tried making <windows.h> just <windows> Don't work eigther way.
IIRC, the beta doesn't include the platform SDK (just the .NET), so you'd have to download and install it (or if you've got another version of vc.net, just add the appropriate include path).
You need to download the platform SDK.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Yay im smart. >< Already uninstalled my old copy of VC++ 6.0 Well ill off to get the SDK then.
Acttualy which SDK should I download for a WIN XP sp2 comp? THey have a couple things I could download and its a bit confusing.
Using Visual C++ 2005 Express with the Microsoft Platform SDK

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement