GetDeviceState() problems

Started by
14 comments, last by Julio 23 years, 5 months ago
1) I already am.
2) Didn''t seem to make a difference. =(
thanks anyways though,
Joe

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Advertisement
hmm... my direcinput code is exactly the same as yours apart from a couple of things:
im checking if FAILED() on the return values - doesn''t seem to make a difference if i leave it out

my functions to check the keyboard state aren''t WINAPI - doesn''t make a difference when they are

im creating mine in nonexclusive mode - ofcourse, this doesn''t make a difference except if you''re trying to use normal windows functions to access the keyboard

and my variables have different names

so the only thing i can think of is to reinstall the directx sdk, and directx itself - you''re code seems to be fine

hmm.. unless you''re not passing a valid HWND or HINSTANCE to the function.. but you are aren''t you?
I tried that code above and it can''t inizialize so I''m thinking there''s a DirectX version problem maybe. I''ll try some different things, thanks,
Joe

My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
got it working.
thanks again,
Joe

what was the problem?
well, the main thing was it wasn''t being initialized properlly. I found there were two HINSTANCES of the same name. (how can that work) I changed my framework stucture a little, recompiled, and all was well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement