Urban Object Set

Started by
7 comments, last by videodragon20032003 19 years, 2 months ago
This is an in-engine (Torque Game Engine) shot of a collection of objects currently availabe at Garage Games for the very affordable price of $24.95. All shapes include between 2 to 5 LODs and all include exported files for the Torque game engine. All the shapes are optimized for real time. If you have any questions or comments please send them here: Info@ffditial.com. Ok, now that the sales pitch is out of the way. I was hoping to get some honest feedback and also some suggestions for future art packs. What sort of work would be helpful to you as 3D developers? Thanks for your time, Weston Tracy Free Form Digital www.ffdigital.com
Advertisement
You could get more money for that, really.
Some objects (barrels) look a bit high poly, but it depends on the type of game they will be used in. Poly count info will be appreciated by any buyer.
Another thing: do you have bump and specular maps for those objects? More and more people are looking for that.
Bye now. Must go and listen to some heavy metal.
Those look very good, better than their Halflife 2 counterparts I'd say.

Rockin, he said they have multiple LODs, and I would imagine he would use the highest poly versions for screenshots.
They look nice, but some objects could use a bit more dirt
they look a bit clean imho
I wanted to keep the price down to make them as accessible as possible.
At their highest detail level only one of the objects gets above 360 polys...and that's the giant cargo container...and it drops to it's second LOD at like two meters. Much of this stuff is less detailed poly wise than it's HL2 counterpart.

I wanted them to be reletively clean because it's much easier to add dirt than remove it. I could have added a .psd with a dirt layer, but I didn't want to add a bunch of stuff that some people wouldn't use...and then have to raise the price for everyone.
A very, very nice high-quality set ye got there. ^^
>>[.G.R.]
Thats awesome work Weston. They look great. I really like the 20' container. Reminds me of my freight company days... A pallet jack or forklift would have really topped the collection off!

-3D

Weston... i'm currenty thinking about creating an organic only model pack. This pack would have shrubs etc only. And then make a tree model pack. For torque of course. I see your on garage games. Thats where i also wanted to sell for in .dts format. How many sales have you actually made for that model pack? How much money have you made? Would you be willing to maybe work a partnership with me? Thanks.

Also you can aim me at SummerOfSixTNine
or email me at voodoo665@yahoo.com

Edit also here is one example of my work:
http://www.fate-rpg.com/~voodoo/chest.avi
Ahhh... I saw these at GarageGames a while back. I think that a great addition to the pack (downloaded seperately of course ^^) would be grime textures, that could be added at the buyer's discretion.

@Jeff - Here's a tip, try not to ask for sales figures publicly... X=D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement