Sample Framework Source Files

Started by
4 comments, last by Trainwreck 19 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone, I have been reading "Strategy Game Programming with DirectX 9.0" by Todd Barron lately, and I am having an issue with one of his examples. In his example "D3DFrame_2DTiles" he calls upon the sample framework for DirectX 9. I have installed "Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2004)", but the common/src folder doesn't even exist! I have searched my harddrive for these files to no avail. Can anyone tell me if I am missing an installation to get these? D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\d3dapp.cpp': No such file or directory d:\My Other Crap\Programming RTS\D3DFrame_2DTiles\main.h(25): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'DXUtil.h': No such file or directory D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\dxutil.cpp': No such file or directory D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\d3dutil.cpp': No such file or directory D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\d3dsettings.cpp': No such file or directory D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\d3dfont.cpp': No such file or directory D3DFrame_2DTiles fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dxsdk\samples\c++\common\src\d3denumeration.cpp': No such file or directory
--------------------------Enough with the Microsoft flames!If you don't like IE 6 (even with SP2), then don't use it!If you don't like Windows (and don't want to make money on your game) then don't build for it!If you don't like DirectX (and you don't have a brain) then by all means don't use it. Less competition for me!
Advertisement
The framework changed dramatically, IIRC in the Summer 2004 update, so those files are no longer around. Bassically the book is out of data - however with Microsoft now releasing SDK updates every 2 months it would be difficult to find a book in date!
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Can somebody upload me those listed source files so that I can complete the examples from this book? They all seem to use those ones, and he doesn't have them availible on his site...

Supposedly his examples are from the "Direct X 9 Summer 2003 Edition".

Rather than downloading and installing an older version of the SDK, I would be more interested in somebody providing me a zipped version of the /src folder...
--------------------------Enough with the Microsoft flames!If you don't like IE 6 (even with SP2), then don't use it!If you don't like Windows (and don't want to make money on your game) then don't build for it!If you don't like DirectX (and you don't have a brain) then by all means don't use it. Less competition for me!
Hi, I have them if you send me a pm with your email address I can send them to you.
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Hey the book should come with the correct version of the SDK, i mean i have Roleplaying games version 2 and is have the DirectX9 SDK summer 2003 so i just use that, i mean if you try to update you engine every 2 months, all you will be doing fo rthe rest of your like it just updating the engine every 2months.
The problem is that this book doesn't come with a CD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement