Sign in to follow this  

Book options

This topic is 4690 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been reading here for months now, and it looks like C++ Primer is the best book for learning C++, my questoin is, is the one by stanley b lippton the best one? i found one by stephen pratta for much cheaper. any insight on this is appreciated.

Well, I'm currently in Iraq, i brought with me sams teach yourself C++ in 24 hours and Sam's teach yourself windows programing in 21 days. I am a fan of Sams' they taught me everything from the ground up on computers and networking, now I am moving on to C++. I cannot physically see the book i'm about to order, so i'm on books a million to have them send it to me out here. We are talking a 20 dollar difference in the primer books. If i already have sams so I need primer? i have a basic understanding of C++ but need something a little more clearer on certain aspects. I took an online class and was only able to do 4 weeks of it, but was able to make a pong clone that wasn't half bad using a preconstructed window so I actually only learned how to program using that window. I havn't spent much time on C++ since oct, so I'll prob be starting from scratch again. I'll look intot he book you mentioned, thanks

I can't recommend Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++ enough. It's a fantastic book for really understanding how things are done in C++, instead of teaching C with some extra keywords.

Best of all, it's a free download. They have a dead tree edition as well, if you need it.

This topic is 4690 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.