Sign in to follow this  
ashogay

unsmooth animations + releasing interfaces

Hi I don't know what to name the subject. It's just something that I'm curious about. I have 2 questions. 1. I'm programming a game using a joystick to make a character run. It may sound funny but the animation is smoother when I'm connecting to the internet than that when I'm offline. I mean that the frame rate seems higher when I'm online. Does anybody know what's happening here? My game is a standalone application. I'm using a USB joystick and a USB 56K modem. 2. Sometimes I forget to release some interfaces that need to be released. Then the next time I build the application, the linker can't link. Even more, windowsXP becomes very slow. I have to restart winXP in order to be able to build the application again. I found out that the problem came from not releasing interfaces. After fixing the bug, there was no problem. I want to know what's happening. Why does it make winXP slow and why does it make VC++ unable to build the application? Thanks anybody!!

In answer to 1, maybe your program, or another program on your pc, is trying to connect to the internet.
In my experience it takes longer for a program to find that the pc is not connected to the internet than it does actually connecting.

2, Try a clean build or a complete rebuild, I have no idea why not releasing objects would cause windows to run slow or make vc unable to build the application.
It's always a good idea to release any object you create though.