Sign in to follow this  

Game Distribution? Please help.

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently made a Tetris clone with SDL and sent it to my friends, but only the one that has Visual Studio.Net (my compiler) can run it. I tried to run the exe (taken from the Debug directory) on a computer at my college and it didn't run. It asked for some dll from the compiler (msvcp7.dll or something even though I didn't use any framework from VS). What files do you need from Visual Studio.NET in order to the executable file? I thought we didn't need things from the compiler, but... Am I just missing some crucial fact here? Thank you!!

Quote:
Original post by fg_brian
To the left of your "search" feature there should be a drop down menu that says "Debug". Try changing that to "Release" and see if that helps.

I second this. Have you tried it? Chanses are it will work just nicely, since you stated yourself you took your executable from the Debug directory. You might also notice that the executable will be considerably smaller than a debug build .exe.

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.