Google Interview Questions

Started by
79 comments, last by way2lazy2care 12 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Sagar_Indurkhya
2) What is the most beautiful equation you have ever seen? Explain.

Most beautiful equation? My hat's going in the ring for general relativity:

Gμν = 8π · GTμν
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by furby100
2) What is the most beautiful equation you have ever seen? Explain.

x=2. This equation is satisfied by 2. It follows that there are numbers that satisfy the equation x = 2. From that, it follows that there are numbers. From this simple equation one can settle one of the deepest philosophical questions about mathematics. Certainly a beautiful result.

However, it's almost certain most people will put eip + 1 = 0

never seen that one. What is it?
Quote:Original post by furby100
However, it's almost certain most people will put eip + 1 = 0

never seen that one. What is it?

Euler's identity. It unites five of the fundamental mathematical constants: zero, one, e, pi, and i. It's the case x = pi for the more general equation e^(ix) = cos(x) + i*sin(x).
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Quote:Original post by JexMX
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

The egg, of course. The first bird genetically close enough to today's chicken to be considered a chicken was a chicken for its entire life (as in, it didn't suddenly turn into a chicken halfway through its life). That means it was born from an egg, a chicken egg.
I'd say the chicken. If a non-chicken lays an egg, it's not a chicken egg. What came out was a chicken, but it wasn't supposed to be, so it wasn't a chicken egg, it was a mutated relative-of-chicken egg... So the first chicken egg had to come from a chicken, but the first chicken can come from a mutated Dodo egg.
Quote:Original post by Stonicus
I'd say the chicken. If a non-chicken lays an egg, it's not a chicken egg. What came out was a chicken, but it wasn't supposed to be, so it wasn't a chicken egg, it was a mutated relative-of-chicken egg... So the first chicken egg had to come from a chicken, but the first chicken can come from a mutated Dodo egg.
So, you say that the egg type is defined by what pooped out the egg, and not what's in the egg. Still, the question is whether the egg preceded the chicken. I don't think it matters what type of egg, just that there was indeed an egg directly related to the first chicken, that indeed preceded it.

I say egg came first.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Quote:Original post by Coaster Kev
Why not ask Google ... err... yeah

Funny Google Response

hahahahaha
A while back I myself had a series of phone interviews with Google, the following were a few of the questions they asked, and we were allowed to ask questions as well:

• There exists a file directory containing at least 55 thousand plaintext documents. Some of those documents contain phone numbers that are out of date. Given a list of invalid phone numbers and their new, updated equivalents, how would you go about updating all invalid phone numbers within all files within the directory?
  • Write an algorithm that performs a binary search on a sorted, but rotated array of integers.
  • Compare and contrast various data structures utilized across multiple programming languages: Hashtable, Hashmap, Treemap, etc.

Fun, Fun cool.gif.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement