Google Interview Questions

Started by
79 comments, last by way2lazy2care 12 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Stonicus
Quote:
Q: "You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?"

I quickly realize that even if I get out, I am only the size of a nickel, and will probably never get laid again, so I place my neck on the blade and close my eyes till my 60 seconds are up.

ROFLMAO! Best answer! :):):)

I would place myself laid down in the center of the wheel.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
One might assume that since the blender is about to be turned on, that food will soon be entering, so I'd probably just put my neck to the blade rather than be suffocated by some raunchy health drink.
Well, I would assume you would have some change on you (being Canadian with our loonies and toonies), and so I would chuck change up into the motor in hopes that it will somehow stall it. Then, I would take off all my clothes, tie them around the closest to center part of the blade, and then strap myself in between the clothes and blade under the blade. When it turns on (if it does), I would hopefully be swung round and round, probaly faint, but not die, and when it turns off I would then think of a way to get out.

It looks like you could just stand off to the side. It doesn't look like the blades would cause too much of a vacuum in air. They just look like flat blades. Eventually, I supposed running an empty blender would kill the motor.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Quote:Original post by Cold_Steel
They just look like flat blades. Eventually, I supposed running an empty blender would kill the motor.

Why would it kill the motor? Placing too much load might kill it, but too little wouldn't.

Anyway, to the blender question, I don't think there is any way to survive. The clothes would be so small they are unlikely to stop the motor. And even if the motor is stoped, what can you do? Your clothes are not a rope, and you can't throw them over the edge. Even if you could, you'd need some sort of anchor at the other end so they won't fall back.
The correct answer would be: "Coming at peace with yourself and with the Universe" :D
Since you are still alive, I assume somehow your biology was preserved. So that means your muscle mass is still in proportion to your total mass. Thus, my solution would be to jump out. Should I fail to make the jump, I would probably punch a hole in the blender upon my landing. Or if the blender was on its side, I would walk out. Or jump against the side, knocking it over. Considering my density/size ratio, I wonder if I could chew through the blades.

Hell, if you shot me at 2000 feet per seoond I could probably be used as an anti tank bullet.

Why such a complex stack growth solution. In a function, declare 2 local variables. Compare addresses.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
Since you are still alive, I assume somehow your biology was preserved. So that means your muscle mass is still in proportion to your total mass. Thus, my solution would be to jump out. Should I fail to make the jump, I would probably punch a hole in the blender upon my landing. Or if the blender was on its side, I would walk out. Or jump against the side, knocking it over. Considering my density/size ratio, I wonder if I could chew through the blades.

Hell, if you shot me at 2000 feet per seoond I could probably be used as an anti tank bullet.

Why such a complex stack growth solution. In a function, declare 2 local variables. Compare addresses.

Only that it was stated that your mass is also reduced accordingly.
ah. I thought it said you retained your mass. guess I should read it more carefully.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Quote:Original post by Raduprv
Why would it kill the motor? Placing too much load might kill it, but too little wouldn't.
I assume they are designed to be run with some resistance. Sort of like if you run a water pump motor dry, it will burn out. Also, I just read somewhere that they may be designed for short use time spans, and not continuous use, so they could burn out that way too after 10 or so minutes.

[disclaimer]I don't even own a blender! What do I know!?[wink]
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
The water pump is different: the motor needs the water to cool itself. For a blender, it doesn't matter, because the motor cools itself with air.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement