Sign in to follow this  

3D hand.............Please help

This topic is 4694 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I'm a comfortable java coder fairly new to OpenGL. I've got an assignement for college whereby we have to create a 3D human hand using OpenGL and Java. It doesn't have to have movement, but should represent a realistic, identifiable human hand. Now this petrifys me as I don't know where to start. I've worked with polygons (to build rooms etc..), teapots, spheres, textures and manipulation of movement. But I have no idea where to start on this. Concrete objects which haven't required any manipulation. Do I create this by: * Plotting my points then adding texture (which seems complicated)(?) * Using existing GL shape objects (then adding texture, lighting etc..). I have GL for java installed for j2sdk1.4.1. I would be very very grateful if you could help me. Thanks

can't you ask someone to create a hand for you in Maya/3dSMax/gmax/... and then import it to openGL? What is your teacher thinking? OpenGL is a graphics library, not a 3D modelling package.

This topic is 4694 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.