how to learn opengl 2.0 if i have learnd 1.2

Started by
4 comments, last by ff8 19 years, 2 months ago
I'm a student in china,and i'm interested in programming. Now,I'm reading a good book about opengl named OPENGL SUPERBIBLE....2rd Edition It talks about opengl 1.2...... so,I want to know how to learn opengl if I have learnd opengl 1.2... Can you help me? Thank you very much..... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My English is very bad Sorry......: ) [Edited by - Maxkid on February 8, 2005 9:21:45 PM]
Advertisement
yes you have. opengl 2.0 is an add on to 1.2
OpenGL 2.0 is just OpenGL 1.2 with more features essentially, code that worked in 1.2 should compile fine (and theoretically) work fine in OpenGL 2.0. To interact with OpenGL 1.2+ features however, on a Windows platform, you would need to deal with extensions, you will find a list of extensions on http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/

hope that helps
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
oh,I see...
Thank you very much....
See the Forum FAQ for more about loading extensions BTW. There are also some free extension loading libraries which can assist in the process, which are listed in the resources section.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

hello Maxkid ,
try to use this library GLEW it'll help you with the extensions..
bye,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement