Sign in to follow this  
kinglink

Visual C++ .net problem (trying to get rid of .net)

Here's the current situation. I recently started using Microsoft .net Now I obviously have all the correct files including the .net framework, but it appears that if I compile a project that I made (forget which one I made it from) it creates a program that REQUIRES .net. I'm writing a "simple" C++ DirectX game which doesn't need the .net functionality. The question is this, is there any way to convert my .net project to an "average joe" type project? Or do I have to select specific projects for C++ when making them?

I'm not aware of any method to convert a .NET project into a non-.NET project. You can try creating a non-.NET project and reimporting files from your original project. I think "Win32 Project" is the plain project without .NET.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you want to create a new project without any .NET stuff, after naming your project and hitting okay, and the Win32 Application Wizard pops up, you have to click on "Application Settings" and under "Additional Options" check the "Empty Project" box.