• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pavel Krupets

Debuging under DirectX

This topic is 6447 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Help!!! Please!!! How can I debug application which use DirectDraw. When program reach the breakpoint it stops and nothing happend (DirectDraw app don''t minimize and I can''t switch to VisualC++).

Advertisement
I think that the only way to do it is have DX in windowed mode, or have 2 monitors. I don''t know if there is something else, but that is all I can think of... I have the same problem

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Funny. I have never had any problems debugging a full-screen dx-apps with Borland C++Builder...

Systemwide lock when locking your surfaces may cause problems, but that can be countered by using DDLOCK_NOSYSLOCK (or w2k...).

I, however, prefer windowed development over fullscreen, as I can have several watch/debugoutput windows open at runtime. Sooo much easier.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!