Sign in to follow this  

Question about this kind of win32 control

This topic is 4691 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry for not being so vague on the topic title, but that's exactly why I am posting here. I'm doing a starcraft like map editor and, if you have ever seen SC editor, you should have noticed that there is a little bar that splits the map window from teh other windows, and allows you to resize the map window the way you want. The little bar I'm talking about is the same one the Visual C++ 6.0 has, separating the workspace files/classes from the acctual code. What's the name of that control (the little bar)? What should I do in order to implement one using pure WINAPI calls (non MFC)? I don't know if now you guys now can picture the control I'm talking about. If you don't, I can post a screenshot of it, or whatever.

Yes-No. You can of course roll your own. There's two possibilities to do that:

Either have your HWND be really only the small bar or be the whole client area and have the two panes as your childs.

I chose the second approach and had some troubles with redrawing correctly. It's not really difficult, just keep the HWNDs of the two panes you're splitting and implement some dragging code allowing you to move your bar and resize the panes accordingly.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Check out http://www.catch22.net/tuts/splitter.asp for an example. There are some really good tutorials of other things elsewhere on his site. He's done some great work on topics I have not seen anywhere else.

David

This topic is 4691 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.