• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brinstar

Sprite movement

This topic is 4975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need sometype of good tutorial about sprite movement. I am using allegro so any help on allegro sprite movement would aprreciated. I also am currently working on a zelda type game so that type of movement also will be aprriciated thank you.

Advertisement
I don't know much about allegro but you're talking about sprite movement ? Obviously if you simply mean movement, just increase or decrease the coordinate x or y values of the sprites. If you're talking about animation, try using different sprites and cycle trough them in an array. There are many ways anyways.

Quote:
Original post by Brinstar
I need sometype of good tutorial about sprite movement. I am using allegro
so any help on allegro sprite movement would aprreciated. I also am currently working on a zelda type game so that type of movement also will be aprriciated thank you.

Everything Soryu posted above, plus look into Allegro's very slick rotate/scale functions. They'll make your life much easier when it comes time to have your sprites face different directions =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!