Sign in to follow this  

Sprite movement

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need sometype of good tutorial about sprite movement. I am using allegro so any help on allegro sprite movement would aprreciated. I also am currently working on a zelda type game so that type of movement also will be aprriciated thank you.

I don't know much about allegro but you're talking about sprite movement ? Obviously if you simply mean movement, just increase or decrease the coordinate x or y values of the sprites. If you're talking about animation, try using different sprites and cycle trough them in an array. There are many ways anyways.

Quote:
Original post by Brinstar
I need sometype of good tutorial about sprite movement. I am using allegro
so any help on allegro sprite movement would aprreciated. I also am currently working on a zelda type game so that type of movement also will be aprriciated thank you.

Everything Soryu posted above, plus look into Allegro's very slick rotate/scale functions. They'll make your life much easier when it comes time to have your sprites face different directions =)

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.