Let me know what you think.....

Started by
2 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 19 years, 2 months ago
Hey, Over the summer I had begun a thread in relation to rendering Quake III BSP formats in DirectX for my final major college project which was a multiplayer first-person shooter. After a busy semester and having started a new job straight outta school, I finally found the time to post some screenshots of what I managed to accomplish in 8 months time. The game did use the DirectX 9.0c common framework since I really didn't have time to implement an entire engine, but I am currently working on a full engine implementation which I intend to release free once it's in decent shape to handle. In the meantime, I figured why not post links to the screenshots I happened to get posted online of the existing game I have an see what people think of it. Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3 Shot 4 Please keep in mind that the level textures as well as some of the item pickups were borrowed from existing mods/apps in order to quickly fill the need for artwork in order to meet our submission time. As for the weapon models as well as ammo pickups, these were all created and textured by us (as I'm sure you can tell) so don't throw them into this pool. As well, we did end up using skinned meshes but when I took these shots I was unable to install a second client on my PC as it was in the process of formatting so just my dev laptop was running the client and server. Anyways, let me know what you think :). Permafried-
Advertisement
Well the walls and lighting looks nice, I can't really tell much else. Except for the things you already pointed out. :)

Keep it up!
I noticed after I posted it that the gamma was extremely low when I went from my laptop to my PC....I shoulda checked that before posting....sorry about that. I used a gamma ramp to brighten things since the lightmaps weren't exactly bright to begin with but when I captured on my laptop the gamma ramp wasn't taken into consideration, though when I tested it on my PC it was....got me :).

Permafried-
Moved to "Your Announcements".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement