Sign in to follow this  
Brandon N

Surface construction/repair

I was wondering if anyone could point me out some online/published articles/books on the subjects of surface reconstruction given a point cloud, as well as detecting and, more importantly, correcting holes in the point cloud or generated surface. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

all i know is that it isnt an easy subject, but there should be loads of online papers about it: ive never searched for them, but they always keep coming up when im looking for anything that has to do with geometry.

Quote:
Original post by Eelco
all i know is that it isnt an easy subject

Agreed.
Quote:
Original post by Eelco
, but there should be loads of online papers about it: ive never searched for them, but they always keep coming up when im looking for anything that has to do with geometry.

Yeah, I'm turning things up, but I've found, especially in areas of academia like this, that asking never hurts. Cheers.

Hughes Hoppe has several papers on the subject, which you can find on his research page. They're near the bottom. I'd start with those and check the references in them to find more. Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's about all I know of, as this isn't really my area of interest. :-)

Hope this helps some.

Quote:
Original post by NoahAdler
Hughes Hoppe has several papers on the subject, which you can find on his research page. They're near the bottom. I'd start with those and check the references in them to find more. Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's about all I know of, as this isn't really my area of interest. :-)

Hope this helps some.
Everything helps. Thank you.