Sign in to follow this  
skockara

OpenGL Opengl Menu

Do you mean it should use glut or should not? It's not very clear to me.

Anyway, the topic of user interface, unless you're using a specific implementation, isn't something specific to OpenGL. Anything you can find on implementing a user interface should help.

If you have specific questions, then ask. I'm doing this sort of thing among many others at work so I'll see if I can dig out some resources.

are you aware that opengl itself has no provided interface for things such as input?
You _need_ glut or sdl or something (OS calls? - which you said you dont want)

Someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty damned certain I'm not.

Let me clear myself. I just want pure opengl menuing OK! Suppose that I'm not using mouse or keyboard inputs. I just want to use wand or something special for interaction in the scene.

I looked glgooey already. It's good but still I need something different to my purpose. I should implement myself for specific purposes. That's why I need some clear sample codes or tutorials.

OK I will explain everything. That is because glut is expecting X events from the mouse for its manipulators and other interfaces. The Library I used currently receives all of these events, and so they cannot be shared to glut. And even if they were,I'm not convinced it would necessarily work properly, because the glut, I believe is mainly for desktop interfaces, where I have a 2-D controller.
So, I cannot use glut's user interface. I'm just asking for simple, clear opengl ui code to start doing changes on my purpose. That's it.