Opengl Menu

Started by
7 comments, last by skockara 19 years, 2 months ago
Is there any opengl user interface code sample or tutorial? It shouldn't use OS API such as glut mouse and keyboard events.
Advertisement
Do you mean it should use glut or should not? It's not very clear to me.

Anyway, the topic of user interface, unless you're using a specific implementation, isn't something specific to OpenGL. Anything you can find on implementing a user interface should help.

If you have specific questions, then ask. I'm doing this sort of thing among many others at work so I'll see if I can dig out some resources.
It shouldn't use glut. I need sample codes or tutorials.
are you aware that opengl itself has no provided interface for things such as input?
You _need_ glut or sdl or something (OS calls? - which you said you dont want)

Someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty damned certain I'm not.
Let me clear myself. I just want pure opengl menuing OK! Suppose that I'm not using mouse or keyboard inputs. I just want to use wand or something special for interaction in the scene.
I used to write my own widget set. However there are a few GPL ones - glgooey for example.
our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
I looked glgooey already. It's good but still I need something different to my purpose. I should implement myself for specific purposes. That's why I need some clear sample codes or tutorials.
If you're using a wand you're still processing the effect of click/move events... I fail to see the difference.
OK I will explain everything. That is because glut is expecting X events from the mouse for its manipulators and other interfaces. The Library I used currently receives all of these events, and so they cannot be shared to glut. And even if they were,I'm not convinced it would necessarily work properly, because the glut, I believe is mainly for desktop interfaces, where I have a 2-D controller.
So, I cannot use glut's user interface. I'm just asking for simple, clear opengl ui code to start doing changes on my purpose. That's it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement