UV coords screwed up in .asc file

Started by
1 comment, last by TheMonster 23 years, 5 months ago
Hi! I''ve written an import function for .asc files for my (soon to be) 3D-engine but encountered a problem with the UV coordinates in the file. When I import the file in my engine the object itself displays fine but the the textures are all screwed up. On some faces they look fine but on most they appear distorted. I checked the asc file and found that there''s some vital information missing. Shouldn''t there be more than 8 vertices in the asc file for a cube? I mean some are at the same position but have different UV coordinates. When I export a Plane from 3DSMax get the following asc-vertices: X:-50 Y: 50 Z:0 U:0 V:1 X:-50 Y:-50 Z:0 U:0 V:0 X: 50 Y:-50 Z:0 U:0 V:0 X: 50 Y: 50 Z:0 U:0 V:1 The XYZ''s look fine but the UV''s don''t. Do I get anything wrong here or do I have to do anything special in 3DSMax to export the asc file properly? Thanks!
Advertisement
I may be wrong... but as far as I know and noticed from my expirience with asc files ... they dont support mapping coords ( UV ) what to do , you ask ?
Import to .ase file ... this is ascii file to but it contains much more info than normal asc.
And is easy to convert ...

Pet
Pet
The ASE format looks better indeed. Thanks for the help!

I wonder however why 3DSMax put in screwed up UV coords into the ASC file.

Well....I''m of writing a quick ASE parser, thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement