.x mesh objects - where to find

Started by
5 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of some companies that sell 3D objects in .X format. I'm looking for some objects to use in DirectX games, but don't want to spend any time learning any 3D programs. Are there any companies that sell CDs of 3D objects in X format? Are there any sites that provide objects already in X format? Are there any free or inexpensive converters (from other 3D formats)? Thanks for any help. Jeff
Advertisement
One product I just came across that is relatively inexpensive is Cool 3D production studio (which exports to X format), though what I'm really seeking is just a library of usable objects.
there aren't many free ones.

You can purchase them from some online sites or convert quake models with milkshape.

If you can get the model in .3ds format, the directx sdk has a .3ds->.x converter. There are loads of good .3ds models about!

Hope this helps

Laters
Yes, that does help. BTW, do you know the link to the conv3ds tool on the web? I don't think they put it in the SDK anymore.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi again,

I believe it's in the utils or tools section of the SDK, i'll have it at home, so if this is your valid email address, i'll email it to you when i finish work, i should still have it.

I just searched the web with no joy so i'll see what i can do. Hopefully it's still there, as i can't be arsed to write my own fileformat yet.

Laters
You can find lots of free models here. Just make sure you do a 'Search' -> 'Advanced Search' -> 'Max Price' = 0, because there are models that you have to pay for, too. [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement