Sign in to follow this  

What does this DirectSound compiling message actually mean?

This topic is 4688 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm building a DirectSound and get this when I build: Sound.cpp c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdio(25) : warning C4995: 'gets': name was marked as #pragma deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdio(29) : warning C4995: 'sprintf': name was marked as #pragma deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdio(32) : warning C4995: 'vsprintf': name was marked as #pragma deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstring(19) : warning C4995: 'strcat': name was marked as #pragma deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstring(20) : warning C4995: 'strcpy': name was marked as #pragma deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstring(21) : warning C4995: 'strncat': name was marked as #pragma deprecated and so on. No error, just the output. It doesnt appear to be causing problems, but it is pissing me off. Any idea what it means?

These functions are deprecated because they're unsafe (i.e. they're usually the cause of buffer-overrun vulnerabilities). There are safer versions, _sstrcpy ...etc IIRC (something along these lines), but they're not standard.

You can disable the warning like this:
#pragma warning(disable: 4995)

This topic is 4688 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.