directX7

Started by
6 comments, last by jagguy 19 years, 2 months ago
I have directx8 SDK installed and I want to know can you access directx7 with this...with vc6++
Advertisement
DirectX, until now, is always back compatible, so you can access even DirectDraw4, if you wish.
[ King_DuckZ out-- ]
how do you access directdraw, I couldnt find the name directX7 anywhere
It is quite simple. Link libary dxguid.lib and ddraw.lib and include ddraw.h :)
Example:
#pragma comment(lib, "dxguid.lib")#pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib")#include <ddraw.h>...

I hope I helped.
can anyone point me in the right direction for a tutorial on directdraw with c++ (vc6++ is better)

I looked on the internet and it isnt easy to find just a simple set up explained.
there are plenty on with VB for directX

i just found some good tutorials here.

if the paths in vc6++ are set to include directX SDK (includes, libs) then why do you need to include these files (as on tutorial given here> and manually link in librarires like ddraw.lib into your project

#include <dxutil.h>
#include <ddutil.h>

Quote:Original post by jagguy
i just found some good tutorials here.

if the paths in vc6++ are set to include directX SDK (includes, libs) then why do you need to include these files (as on tutorial given here> and manually link in librarires like ddraw.lib into your project

#include <dxutil.h>
#include <ddutil.h>

The paths just tell the compiler where to search for the things you give it. You would NOT want it to automatically include/link everything in your search path.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
the compiler only includes the libs,hearders you give it right?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement