Sign in to follow this  
Bitterman8

Enviroment (cube) mapping problem

Please help me! Iam only trying to make some changes in tutor example : Direct3D/EnvMapping/CubeMap (the airplane flying around the teapot, DX9.0 SDK). I noticed one big problem: reflections work properly only if the WORLD MATRIX of teapot (object surrounded by cubemap) is an IDENTITY ATRIX. But I need to scale, rotate and transpose it, and then reflections are corrupted. What am I supposed to do? What should I change (propably some matrices, I tried almost everything, but no result). Thank you...

OK, I solved it alone. The problem was not in World matrix of objects but in View matrix of SkyBox. The Skybox is propably meant to be a stationary base of cube map (like sky and ground), so the translation items (.41, .42, .43, .44) of Skybox's View matrix must be zero => all bounding walls remain in same distance form "player" no matter how we move camera. And then the reflections are reflected properly. Why is this fact not written somewhere ?! I spent many hours trying to handle this f..ing problem....