X. file exporter for alias Maya

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 2 months ago
i am currently using alias maya version 6 to create a model of a roulette wheel would you believe. But i am unable to export it in the .X file format so that it can be read into a DirectX application. Does anyone know where I get hold of one? I had heard that one was included in recent updates to the directX software development kit, ive downloaded recent updates from october 2004 onwards and could not find it. I will be very greatful for your help
Advertisement
Take a look here:

- skinning meshes (.x files, MAYA, direct3D) (moved post)

- Maya 6 .X Exporter, no materials?

- MSDN Library - Effect File Exporter for Alias Maya

I hope that'll help you!!!
----------------------------------------------- - GENTS -"Every man dies, not every man really lives"[William Wallace] - visit my website: GENTS.it -- Using Effect files with DirectX 9 Basics Tutorial -- MilkShape 3D models and OpenGL ES Tutorial -
Quote:Original post by makingroulette

I had heard that one was included in recent updates to the directX software development kit, ive downloaded recent updates from october 2004 onwards and could not find it.

I will be very greatful for your help

The Maya Preview Pipeline (which includes the X File Exporter) shipped in the Summer 2004 Update and updates have shipped since then. I believe the October, December and February Updates automatically install the plugins if Maya is installed when you install the SDK. In Maya, if you go to the plugin manager dialog, you should see the path to your DXSDK install directory and a single plugin referenced under it.

You can also run the SampleBrowser and filter on Utilities, you should see several Maya-related entries.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement