Sign in to follow this  

Celebrity database

This topic is 4694 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I need some help. I am not sure where I should put this, so I will throw it in here first. (perhaps I should break it down into pieces and submit it to different ones.) I am making an assistant to the “Celebrity name game.” The game goes as follows: Player one takes a randomly chosen celebrity’s name and matches either the first name or last name with a different celebrity. Player 2 responds similarly. Play continues until one of the players can’t respond in time. They then lose. An example : Announcer: The name is Ted Kennedy Player 1: John Kennedy Player 2 Robert Kennedy Player 1: Robert De Niro Player 2: Robert… Robert…. Robert… Announcer: Times up!!! Player 1 is the winner.
I want my assistant to do several things. 1. I want to be able to type in a name and have it give a list of matches 2. I want to be able to click on one of those matches and see another list of matches. 3. I want to be able to track the progression of the game (partly so names are not repeated) 4. I want to be able to have a short bio for each celebrity 5. I want to be able to use only certain categories of celebrities (such as presidents or tennis champs or actresses) Of those items, 1,2, and 3 are interface issues. I can handle those (although tips would be appreciated) 4 and 5 are database issues. This is where my real trouble begins. How do I go about creating this database? I do not want to enter every name in manually. I do not want to write every bio. I want it to gather its names off of the internet on its own with some suggestion from me. (Such as search imdb for starring roles of movies that grossed over 30 Million) Do I need to research webcrawlers or something else? I am just looking for direction. I suppose this would be extremely easy if there was already something like this out there. I searched google for a while and found nothing, but if you know of something let me know.

This topic is 4694 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.