Sign in to follow this  

Need some basic help in 3dsm

This topic is 4686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all! I am a newbie who uses 3dsm7 and trying to model a chair by one of the tutorials! but i have stucked at one of the steps! I would be very happy if u could explain me how to do the 76-77 step in the following page! thnx a lot! http://67.15.36.49/team/tutorials/hugechair/chair3_02.asp

Ok it's been a while since I've last used 3DSMax; I hope I can still help.

It looks like he is moving to the Editable Poly layer of the chair top, then manually splitting the edges of the cube (or subdividing it).
I can't exactly remember how to do it, but splitting edges is pretty easy (I can see a button on that screenshot).
Then you just click on meshsmooth layer again and it re-smoothes it using the new mesh.
Because it's more subdivided the corners of the top now have more weight on them so the chair top looks more square.

I have done this tut before. He is just subdividing the poly so the meshsmooth makes it more rectangular than circular.

Just add some edges to the large poly. It seemed to be explained as to what he was doing, just select edge and use the cut utility. You might want to use snaps for this to get it just right.

dimebag

This topic is 4686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.