Sign in to follow this  

In-game Resources (like metals)

This topic is 4686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright. I need a list of metals. I need some basic raw metals, and then some metals that can be created using other metals, I also need an equation for the amount of each raw metal to create the... whatever the word is, non raw metals... they will be used for weapons and armor, and shields... Thanks a bunch.

Oh yea... also would like to know what effects the elements have on the strength and durability of the product... too much makes it brittle? too little makes it weak?

Quote:
Original post by Volte
... whatever the word is, non raw metals...

ore

Quote:
Original post by Volte
I need a list of metals.

-titanium
-iron
-bronse
-copper
-silver
-gold

EDIT: do a google search; keywords:
metal, alloy, ore, formula...

Quote:
Original post by Volte
Alright. I need a list of metals. I need some basic raw metals, and then some metals that can be created using other metals, I also need an equation for the amount of each raw metal to create the... whatever the word is, non raw metals... they will be used for weapons and armor, and shields...

Thanks a bunch.
Forum FAQ
  1. this doesn't belong on this forum
  2. why are you asking people to do something that anyone with half a brain and access to [google] could do? You obviously have access to the internet. Use it!

Quote:
Original post by lucky_monkey
Quote:
Original post by Volte
Alright. I need a list of metals. I need some basic raw metals, and then some metals that can be created using other metals, I also need an equation for the amount of each raw metal to create the... whatever the word is, non raw metals... they will be used for weapons and armor, and shields...

Thanks a bunch.
Forum FAQ
  1. this doesn't belong on this forum
  2. why are you asking people to do something that anyone with half a brain and access to [google] could do? You obviously have access to the internet. Use it!

Hey listen. I didn't come here to be assaulted alright? I was asking for ideas.

I've been doing extensive research I was simply asking for a list of what other people might place in a game, its called collaborating, and as for not belonging? I believe one of the criterias for this forum is "idea exchange". correct me if I am wrong, but please don't be a troll.

Thanks chaosgame. After doing some research I think I figured out what I am going to do.

I will have ore which can be mined, and inside the ore will be any amount of iron, tin, and copper (tin + copper roughly makes bronze) not sure if I should have carbon be a result of burnt wood, or mine-able, perhaps both. What do you think? anyone else?

Edit (volte): toned down, sorry, I got a little upset. It's all good :D

I started looking for this kind of thing myself a week or two ago and ended up just pulling up a good ol' Periodic Table of the Elements. If you haven't yet, that'll be a good place to start. Many of those sites would also break down what each metal is good at, what it's used for, and other physical properties that might be helpful: density, melting point, etc, as well as what alloys can be made and with what.

And in lucky_monkey's defense, you didn't really ask for help or ideas... you just demanded it with a list of "I needs." It was worded as though you just expected somebody to pull all this information up for you. Maybe just add a "I need some help with...." at the beginning. :) Good luck!

Quote:
Original post by Taolung
I started looking for this kind of thing myself a week or two ago and ended up just pulling up a good ol' Periodic Table of the Elements. If you haven't yet, that'll be a good place to start. Many of those sites would also break down what each metal is good at, what it's used for, and other physical properties that might be helpful: density, melting point, etc, as well as what alloys can be made and with what.

And in lucky_monkey's defense, you didn't really ask for help or ideas... you just demanded it with a list of "I needs." It was worded as though you just expected somebody to pull all this information up for you. Maybe just add a "I need some help with...." at the beginning. :) Good luck!

Yea good point. Sorry about that lucky_money. I worded it wrong. I've been really out of it lately. Thanks for the tips.

I was having a bad day too [smile] sorry if I was a little harsh.

It's actually harder than I thought it would be to find stuff, as a lot of the links on Google are to sites about fantasy wargames or role-playing games or stuff like that. There are a few sites that look like they could be of some use to you though:

Quote:
Original post by lucky_monkey
I was having a bad day too [smile] sorry if I was a little harsh.

It's actually harder than I thought it would be to find stuff, as a lot of the links on Google are to sites about fantasy wargames or role-playing games or stuff like that. There are a few sites that look like they could be of some use to you though:

Wow thanks, those are great! I have a few as well, figured I would post them here for other people who are looking to do the same thing:

This topic is 4686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.