• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lupine

[java] Java basic syntax -where-

This topic is 6443 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

YO where is a good source for finding the basic building blocks of JAva you know like commands, required arguments etc. also need solid explanitory text for sed. I''m feeling frustrated with the 5 or so books I''ve been reading. They all do the "FIRST YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND OBJECTS AND THATS REALLY REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT. AN OBJECT IS LIKE A BICYCLE... NO WAIT AN OBJECT IS LIKE TWO DOGS EXCEPT THAT THE TWO DOGS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES..." gimme a friggin break then they give program examples then the book ends.

Advertisement
Yo,
Here are a couple sites and such that might help you out:

1. www.javaworld.com -> has a lot of Java stuff and I believe they''ve started a series on Java 101 that might be right up your alley.

2. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/index.html -> Java 2 Platform docs...all core classes and stuff is listed here.

And here is the text I learned Java from :
Java How to Program 3rd Edition By Deitel and Deitel
ISBN: 0-13-012507-5
publisher : Prentice Hall

hope this helped, a bit ().
JP.

==============================================
I feel like a kid in some kind of store...
==============================================
www.thejpsystem.com

I reccommend reading "Thinking in Java" as well. Its by far the best Java book I have read.

You can also visit the sun website (http://java.sun.com) and get their tutorial for free with explains the basics as well as setting up their jdk.

- Daniel
VG Games

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!