Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cow_in_the_well

SetPixel funtion pointers

I have a set of functions for plotting pixels in different colour depth''s. eg void PlotPixel16 (USHORT *buffer, int lpitch, int x, int y, DWORD color); I have a function pointer that gets pointed to the correct pixel plotting function depending on the colour depth. I''ve just realized that the buffer has to be cast to a diffferent type for different colour depths, therefore the PlotPixel functions have diffrent declarations and the function pointer doesn''t like that. How should I do this? I spose i could have the buffer as a *void then cast it to the right data type (in the plot pixel funtion), but what performance impact would that have? Also can you inline function pointers? ----------------------------- -cow_in_the_well http://cowswell.gda.ods.org/ - Panic -

Gladiator    127
I think using function pointers is a good idea in this case. Just set the appropriate function at the initialization section of your program.

-------------------------------
I'll screw up whoever screws around with the gamedev forum!

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..

Gladiator    127
Yes, that''s correct. You need to have a void* and then type-cast it in each function.

-------------------------------
I'll screw up whoever screws around with the gamedev forum!

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..