Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l4wnm0werm4n

very very basic source code for VC++

im very new to directx and i was looking for very basic source code, like the most basic source for making just a empty full screen or something like that. does anyone know where theres some basic source or tutorials? im using msVC++ thanks in advance ___________________________ he who plays with root, kills tree

or u could have a looksy at me site for simple (opengl) programs
guaranteed to be shorter than the simplest directx example , and as a bonus ill even throw in a couple of rotating cubes

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Create the kind of project you want in VC++ (Win32, Win32 Console, MFC Wizard, etc.). When the dialog pops up asking for a template (except in MFC),usually "Blank Project", "Simple Project", "Hello World!", choose the "Hello World!" and it will automatically make your "sample program", and it''s all ready to have your own code added withbthe base in place.

A little note: VC++ creates a "stdafx.cpp" and "stdafx.h". I don''t know why they chose that name, but they''re fairly useful... "StdAfx.cpp" will generate a pre-compiled header, so put whatever headers you need (as long as they don''t have file-specific preproccessor directives) in there, and the compiler doesn''t have to build them every time.

My suggestion: if you use WINAPI, only worry about changing what you need to, and don''t worry about what the other stuff does... it can get confusing, and I haven''t found a great need to understand it... at least not yet.

--Tr][aD--