Sign in to follow this  

Debugging in VS .net.

This topic is 4687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently moved to Visual Studio .net to work with DirectX and I can't seem to figure out how to debug. First off I have it set to a Debug configuration and I Start the debugger (f5) it changes to the debugger, and the program runs but "run to cursor" and break points are ignored. Then when I try "break all" it says "Unable to break execution. The Process does not contain any programs" If in the project's options I tried turning on Attach and then it says "unable to attach to machine 'HYRULE'" which is my personal station's name I've done this with code and projects converted from Triple Buffer's site(I'm trying to figure out why toggle Fullscreen doesn't work with project 8 if you care to know) as well as having a new project and adding the same files to it,not having a debugger seems like a bigger problem. Is there something I'm missing?

Well i have had this on a couple of occasions. ALl i did (i think) to get around it was to rebuild the project first and run it (even it is knackered).

Press ctr-shift F9 to get rid of all break points and rebuild etc.

Hope this helps, annoying innit?

ace

This topic is 4687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.