3D Map Editor

Started by
2 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 2 months ago
Dear all, If I want to do a 3D Map Editor, what data should need to save? if I want to do my 3D Map Editor like "http://freeworld3d.org/", what tools, MFC, C++ Builder is better? Also, the right hand side of the map editor that is used for display the map layout. In this side, should I need to use DirectX to operate it? Or I can use Non-DirectX Technology to do that? Thx for your reply so much
Advertisement
I would suggest using C# and Managed-DX for a map editor, simply because of the RAD-nature of the language. GUI development is 100 times easier in C# than in C++ (whether it be through MFC or native WinAPI).

As far as the map layout and viewports go, yes, I would use D3D for that. However, instead of having one large viewport (like the one in that screenshot does), I would have multiple viewports, each containing a different view (like 3ds Max). I find it's helpful to have a front, sideways, top, and full-rendered view at all times.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Managed-dx is the same as DirectX? why call Managed?
Managed DirectX is the API that can be used with the managed .NET languages (like C# and VB.NET). Native DirectX is the API that is used with C++. Check out the SDK for some more introductory material [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement