• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yanuart

what xml parser/api/lib u use ?

This topic is 5025 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm using VC .Net for my app and I was wondering what library/api should I use to manipulate XML document ? (mostly reading them just fine)

Advertisement
I say you should give TinyXML a try out. Here are the docs for it. I have heard a lot of good things about it. I am getting ready to try it our for myself this weekend. I already had made my own XML parser a while back but that is only partly finished and works good, but, I want to see if there is anything else that I could use before finishing it up my own for use in our game. Making your own should not be that hard if you do not want to use someone else's as well.

- Drew

I use TinyXML for most of my projects, it is very easy to use and is, well, tiny.
libXML is also quite good, a little harder to use I think, but has more features.
Microsofts XML library has its following (they claim its quite good), but I've never used it or looked into it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!