Sign in to follow this  

compiling resource files.

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I use MVS .NET 2003. I programmed a bunch of crap and it would build fine...then I had to be an idiot and start screwing around with the project settings. now, when I try to compile my project, I get this error: Compiling resources... fatal error RC1110: could not open .\project.rc project : error PRJ0002 : error result returned from 'rc.exe'. can anyone please tell me how to set the project to not compile the resources? I don't use them as of yet and I don't want to have to include the resource.h file into my project. Thanks Much Creep

If you open up the solution explorer on the right hand side, you should see a list of all the project files you have. Right click on the .rc file you do not want to build and choose properties. Change the "Excluded from Build" to "Yes". That should stop it from being compiled now. You will probabalyl also have to cmment out all references to "resource.h" as well.

- Drew

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.