Sign in to follow this  

Alpha Kimori Tech Demo

This topic is 4687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sherman3D is proud to announce the release of the first Alpha Kimori tech demo. We know that we still have a long way to go but this tech demo showcases all the basics of our 3D RPG engine - 3D character/object loading, movie clip/custscene playability, sound, music, collision detection, level up system, trading system, basic artificial intelligence, in-game scripted dialog, character animation, character/object interaction, item inventory, equiping of inventory items, basic battle system, particle system, menu system, level loading/transitioning, etc. Please download Alpha Kimori Tech Demo 1 here: http://www.sherman3d.net/Sherman3D/download.php?view.21

Looking awesome mate! Some great modelling, a very polished feel to the engine and generally a very promising game. I hope you guys continue with this and see it through - I would buy it!

Good luck!

Kyle

Very nice game. I love the artwork in the game and especially in the opening scene. It's would be cool if you utilized that more. The only things I would suggest on improving are: the boundaries are too small, I can only walk on the path and not on the sidewalks or grass areas; the battle sequence could have better animation and control; the movement speed seems weird, it's bettween a walk and run, you might want to have 2 seperate speeds (or maybe it's just the animation that feels weird and not quite up to speed with the actual movement speed); I also feel like the camera is a little too close to the character is some cases and in my first time through I wasn't sure where to go cause I didn't have a better view of the area.

[Edited by - link3333 on February 13, 2005 1:53:07 PM]

And you should be (proud)!!

This is the exact kind of game I wanted to make, something like Tales of Symphonia actually, but I did intend to make the walking-around-mode first. It's amazing how you accomplished this and I'd like to see some more of it.

Great great great job!

[more]
I've taken a look at your data, it seems like you have your own fileformats.
Q: Have you made any tools? Or exporters?
Q: How many people are on your team?
Q: What's the ratio of artwork vs programming (both including the tools)?

Thanks link3333 and Pipo DeClown! ^_^ link3333, the opening sequence took our artist the longest to make (it is truly like making a movie although having
it lowpoly does make it easier just by a bit). As for not being able to
walk on the grass, we made that a design issue because if were to walk on the
grass, we would need to have more modeled areas and it would be strange to
have fences to cut off the level everytime. Hmm...animation speed and
camera distance - I guess we can change them for the final release - just a matter of setting it in our character and level editors.

Which brings me to Pipo's questions:
1) Yes, we have our own set of (character, spell and script)tools and (model and texutre) exporters.
2) 3 fulltime staff.
3) One artist and two programmers.

Anyway, thanks for the support, guys! If you can, please post the feedback
directly in my forums (http://forum.Sherman3D.com) so that I can keep them on record. (My host server seems to be down at the moment though >_<).

Thanks again! ^_^

Great character design and animations! The intro is impressive.
I did have some trouble going through doors.
I'd love to see the final product, good luck with the development.

Sign in to follow this