which .lib file do I include?

Started by
1 comment, last by cyberninjaru 19 years, 2 months ago
I am using direct sound in my project and am getting this link error: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CMusicManager::Initialize(struct HWND__ *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct IDirectSound *)" (?Initialize@CMusicManager@@QAEJPAUHWND__@@KKPAUIDirectSound@@@Z) referenced in function "long __cdecl OnInitDialog(struct HWND__ *)" (? OnInitDialog@@YAJPAUHWND__@@@Z) I am including dsound.h and dsound.lib into my project. Do I have to include any other files to make my program link properly? Also, here is a section of the code where I use this function: HRESULT hr; CMusicManager* g_pMusicManager; g_pMusicManager = new CMusicManager(); if( FAILED( hr = g_pMusicManager->Initialize( hDlg ) ) ) return DXTRACE_ERR( TEXT("Initialize"), hr ); hDlg is a pre declared var of type HWND
Advertisement
Quote:error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CMusicManager::Initialize(struct HWND__ *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct IDirectSound *)" (?Initialize@CMusicManager@@QAEJPAUHWND__@@KKPAUIDirectSound@@@Z) referenced in function "long __cdecl OnInitDialog(struct HWND__ *)" (?
OnInitDialog@@YAJPAUHWND__@@@Z)

I might be wrong, but I'd read that lovely looking error as meaning your compiler can't find CMusicManager::Initialize(), and nothing (directly) to do with DirectSound.

Get rid of the obfuscated/mangled bits and parameter lists:
Quote:unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CMusicManager::Initialize(...)" referenced in function "long __cdecl OnInitDialog(...)"

Are you sure that you've actually implemented that member function and that your compiler can find where its implemented?

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

yeah, that member function actually comes from dmutil.h which I also included. I fixed the problem though. the function declaration inside of dmutil.h wasn't taking as many arguments as it needed to so I added the extra argument to the declaration and implementation of "Initialize" and that solved the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement