Sign in to follow this  

Boxes collison im managed directx

This topic is 4691 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was just wondering if there is a built-in way in managed directx to find out whether 2 boxes are colliding? If there isn't, than what's the best way to find out? Thanks, Asaf Polturak, Israel.

There is no direct support for this. D3D is a low-level API, and thus algorithms like collision detection are outside it's scope. If you need an algorithm for detecting collisions between boxes, do a search in Google. The algorithm is pretty straight forward and implementations are readily available.

One good website for algorithms of this kind is www.realtimerendering.com. If you don't have the book, I highly suggest you pick it up. The website has links to information and implementations of a large number of graphics-related algorithms.

neneboricua

Quote:
Original post by neneboricua19
One good website for algorithms of this kind is www.realtimerendering.com. If you don't have the book, I highly suggest you pick it up. The website has links to information and implementations of a large number of graphics-related algorithms.

Actually, the best collision detection page I know of is right here, on realtimerendering.com. It has code for just about every collision scenario you would ever need.

This topic is 4691 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.