Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The1Blade

Link errors when I try to build samples

The1Blade    122
I posted this before, got replies, it still didn''t work, and never got around to brigning post back up. So here''s the problem: When I try to build DXIM 6.1 samples I get unresolved external symbols for _IID_DirectDraw4, Direct3d3, and a couple of other ones.

SiCrane    11839
I''m assuming that you downloaded the DirectX 6.1 SDK? Are you sure you''re linking against the libraries that came with the SDK and not the libraries that came with the compiler?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Don''t forget the other libs (ddraw.lib and d3d.lib I think)

furby100    102
#defining INIT_GUID would not be terribly clever because:
a) It wouldn''t do anything (INITGUID is what you need to have as the equivelant to including dxguid.lib)
b) If you #defined INITGUID after having already put in dxguid.lib you would generate linker errors from including a library twice.

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

BitBlt    386
Make sure that the libraries and header files that are included are the new ones and not the ones that came with MSVC. So move C:\mssdk\lib or whatever to the very top of the linking list, same with include files. Hopefully this will help.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka

The1Blade    122
The folder containing it has about 80 meg. (the exact number doesn''t make a difference because because I tried to build the samples, workspaces were made.)

furby100    102
The_C_Guy, that is only for Borland compilers. Microsoft compilers can use Microsoft libraries, and so have no possible use for any dxextra.lib . dxextra.lib only defines a few constants which you won''t get by using implib.exe to generate an import library for the dlls

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com