Can DirectX help me those games who need pixel shader support?

Started by
2 comments, last by Trip99 19 years, 2 months ago
Well I m really pissed off with my graphics... my series is Nvidia Geforce 4 Mx series... n tht doesn't support pixel shader... well I m not able to play to any of those games which need pixel shader support....! My question is tht... is there any pixel shader emulation software .. from which I can play those games which need pixel shader support...! I know pixel shader support is a hardware thing... but can I get tht software which hv pixel shader emulation...! I can't buy a new graphic card... now n than... well it was my biggest fault tht.. I bought tht motherboard which doesn't support pixel shader... but please help me to solve my problem...! I need some way out...! I need to play those games which hv pixel shader support... well one more question... can I play those games in linux... will linux help me to play those games which need pixel shader support? So I main question tht is there any pixel shader emulation software?
Advertisement
Sorry but you are out of luck, there is no emulation or if there is it will be far to slow to play a game.
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Even most of the games out there today don't REQUIRE pixel shader support to play them. Most games have multiple rendering paths to account for the wide range of graphics cards out there today. All you have to do is lower the graphics settings of your game. It should be able to run on a card without pixel shader support. It obviously won't look as nice but at least you'll be able to play it.

Unfortunately, Nvidia has had great success with the GeForce4 MX, which is basically just an enhanced GeForce2, which itself is a souped up GeForce 1. The GeForce 3 was the first card to offer pixel shader support and many people assume that the Geforce4 MX must be better than the GeForce3. So people buy relatively inexpensive computers thinking "Wow, I'm getting a Geforce4 already built into my machine!" But in reality, the GeForce4 MX and the regular GeForce4 are totally different cards. The GeForce4 is a terrific card and a worthy successor to the GeForce3. But the GeForce4 MX is basically a pile of junk. This confusion has led to a market flooded with GeForce4 MX's. That's great for Nvidia, but not so good for us as developers because a large percentage of the market we would like to reach is incapable of enjoying the visual quality of our games to the fullest extent.

neneboricua
Yes it was a cynical marketing ploy and did NVidia no favours.
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement