Transparent model ?

Started by
10 comments, last by jollyjeffers 19 years, 2 months ago
Hi. I'm have many troubles for day after day with DirectX :-). I'm loading .x mesh. It's no problem, but model has "transparent" textures. All across this textures (faces) are visible too :-O. I trying to set all CULL modes, but model looks still same. What i doing wrong ?
Advertisement
So the original mesh (authored in some other editor I presume) uses textures that have transparencies in them. These "transparent" areas are still visible when you render your mesh using DirectX. Correct?

Cull modes aren't relevent here, it would be about alpha blending if anything - D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DRS_DESTBLEND and D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE should be the settings you want to read up on.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
So the original mesh (authored in some other editor I presume) uses textures that have transparencies in them. These "transparent" areas are still visible when you render your mesh using DirectX. Correct?

Cull modes aren't relevent here, it would be about alpha blending if anything - D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DRS_DESTBLEND and D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE should be the settings you want to read up on.

hth
Jack

I'm tried show model without textures (not same model ... this model haven't textures) and have same result.

D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE is FALSE, D3DRS_ALPHATESTENABLED is FALSE.
D3DRS_SRCBLEND and D3DRS_DESTBLEND ... i'm tried many combinations, but still same.

I'm really don't know, what i make wrong :-((.
wait... why would you want to have alphablendenable and alphatestenable set to false if you're trying to do alpha blending?
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Quote:Original post by Instruo
wait... why would you want to have alphablendenable and alphatestenable set to false if you're trying to do alpha blending?

I'm not to trying to do alpha blending. Model is still alphablended and i'm to trying stop this. Back vertexes of the model must be hidden.
Your description isn't very accurate. Are you sure you're seeing actual transparency? If you've already disabled alpha blending, then perhaps you're seeing other faces because of a lack of Z buffering. Are you sure you've enabled Z buffering?

You might simply want to post a screenshot of what is going on.
Kippesoep
Quote:Original post by Kippesoep
Your description isn't very accurate. Are you sure you're seeing actual transparency? If you've already disabled alpha blending, then perhaps you're seeing other faces because of a lack of Z buffering. Are you sure you've enabled Z buffering?

Yes. ZBuffer is enabled (ZWriteEnable too).

How to post picture here ?
Maybe it's rendering transparent and he wants it to be solid?
Is it totally transparent?
Maybe, for some reason, the model is not being rendered... (or it is out of the frustum)...
Quote:Original post by PetrCBR
Quote:Original post by Kippesoep

Yes. ZBuffer is enabled (ZWriteEnable too).

Hot to post picture here ?

Screen is here :
http://directx.pjsoft.net/wing.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement