Sign in to follow this  

programs for making isometric art

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Most people that I know just use a standard program such as Photoshop. There isn't a particular program that specializes is isometric tiles.
However to make drawing easier I set up an isometric grid to draw on top of.

I found a link to this World Creator somewhere in these forums. In it's simplest form V1.5 it is freeware and is still pretty powerful.

http://www.inet2inet.com/InetSoftware/World-Creator/WorldCreator-info.asp

You can use any texture to build the tile with and it can be saved out as a bitmap. From there you can do anything you want with it. I.E. Targas with alpha channels (smaller memory footprint)

No offense to anyone else that has responded, but this program is in fact specifiaclly designed to make tiles both 2D and Isometric. You can even build custom templates and use shadow adjustments to allow for some great looking wall tiles.

Take a look at it. I think you will be impressed.

A warning, when you first run the program it asks for a password. The password is in the readme file attached to the install.

Also, the interface looks kind of crazy. Follow through the included tutorials and you will be making some great looking ISO tiles in about an hour.

Wade

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.