programs for making isometric art

Started by
4 comments, last by unknownProdigy 19 years, 2 months ago
I want to know how you guys make isometric tiles. Are you guys using a program to make the isometric cubes?
Advertisement
Most people that I know just use a standard program such as Photoshop. There isn't a particular program that specializes is isometric tiles.
However to make drawing easier I set up an isometric grid to draw on top of.
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
VertexNormal has written a couple of excellent tutorials on making iso tiles in Blender. You can check them out on his site
Iv worked with a few programs that make the blending process eisier, but the results are mixed. Here are a few:

Texture Maker
Texl
Wood Workshop

And then theres always this which is worth a good look.
I found a link to this World Creator somewhere in these forums. In it's simplest form V1.5 it is freeware and is still pretty powerful.

http://www.inet2inet.com/InetSoftware/World-Creator/WorldCreator-info.asp

You can use any texture to build the tile with and it can be saved out as a bitmap. From there you can do anything you want with it. I.E. Targas with alpha channels (smaller memory footprint)

No offense to anyone else that has responded, but this program is in fact specifiaclly designed to make tiles both 2D and Isometric. You can even build custom templates and use shadow adjustments to allow for some great looking wall tiles.

Take a look at it. I think you will be impressed.

A warning, when you first run the program it asks for a password. The password is in the readme file attached to the install.

Also, the interface looks kind of crazy. Follow through the included tutorials and you will be making some great looking ISO tiles in about an hour.

Wade
Thanks for all your replies.

I tried World Creator and it's pretty cool.

[Edited by - unknownProdigy on February 14, 2005 8:35:20 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement