help compile project using Kdevelop

Started by
10 comments, last by smart_idiot 19 years, 2 months ago
hi smart_idiot,

i guess i wasnt kidding when i said i was secretly looking for the Windows disk. i can happily say that i gave up on Linux and now am running on Windows [grin].

this is for the dedicated server for my MORPG. i put togeather the machine and installed Fedora on it. but i was having a hell of a time trying to get the server to compile. furthermore, i was getting a lot of problems trying to setup the MySQL database as well (i got errors manually dowloading and using the installer script, using yum, using apt-get, AND using up2date). after ripping out all my hair for days i decided to just go with Windows.

the only reason i was using Linux in the first place was because Windows didnt support RAID 1, however i have found a solution to this problem. im just going to write a Python script that will periodically make a copy of the database onto the second HD. ironically, i think this will be better then RAID 1 since it will be faster to make writes and will use less disk space. (plus i can have the script do other things, like compress the data first, make archives, upload to a web server, etc..)
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Advertisement
Well, so long, then.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement